Exterior Painting Process
Great Plains Painting proven preparation techniques:
- Full powerwash of the surfaces to be painted.
- Wood rot replacement
- We use only cedar, LP Smartside engineered wood products, or fiber cement products
- Caulk top edges of horizontal trim, window/door trim, butt joints, and nail heads.
- Scrape any loose or peeling paint from the exterior.
- Prime areas where there is exposed wood grain or new wood.
- Protect areas we don’t want painted (new windows, brick, sidewalks, roofs, etc…)
Interior Painting Process
- All of the heavy room furniture is moved to the center of the room and covered with plastic drapes.
- The flooring is covered with paint-proof drop-cloths.
- Other valuables are covered or moved out of the way.
- Major cracks in ceilings, walls, and trim are filled and caulked if necessary.
- Walls and ceilings are prepared by patching up any holes or cracks.
- Any chipping or peeling on the trim is sanded and primed before applying any paint.
Decks & Fences
- Thorough powerwash to clean the surface and open up the pores in the wood.
- Allow surfaces to dry thoroughly
- Apply 1 coat of penetrating stain